Monday 6 August 2012

Here and there

Last Friday I took off early from work. We're supposed to have an iftar pot luck do with 3 other families. Girls from the school I went to, twenty plus years ago. I had planned to cook Nasi Daging so I took half day leave. That'd give me ample time to complete everything including prepping the kids. However, it was cancelled. N texted me at 2am telling that her grandma had passed away. Innalillah. We quickly cancelled and hoping to reschedule. 

Still, I carried on with my leave. My eldest is back from hostel and Saturday we have to send him back. Kedah sekolah hari Ahad. So, we figured it's the best day to shop for the kids Raya stuff. Not detailing what we bought or the damage that was done, but we definitely had fun except for Adly because we couldnt find him the right shoes. 

When it's almost time for iftar, we moved to Pearl View Hotel. See below happy faces, including Adly's. Bliss!


Ini budak sudah selesai makan her favourite popiah goreng. Not bad, for a small eater, she ate quote a lot that night. Aisya memang best!


The boys insist on me capturing what they took. Ini first round for Zickry. Right after  coming down from solat, he quickly emptied the plates. Seriously. And he had few other rounds after.


Isi kandungan pinggan Azhad on his first round. Nasi bukhari with bbq chicken, some salad (not quite seen), spicy fried chicken and yes, popiah. He too, made several rounds, going backwards from dessert, then cendul, ice-cream to mee goreng, to sup kambing. Boleh tahan seleranya!


Adly's plate. Simple, and yup, he ate just that but downed glasses and glasses of juice. He enjoyed the cendol, ice-cream and desserts too. That made him forget about the shoes he didnt get. Bukan apa, the salesgirl was too arrogant, so we walked off from the store. Mana tau, other stores didnt have the Adidas pair he so wanted! Luckily he found one he heart right after iftar! His happiness was indeed contagious!


See, Adly patiently waiting for the time. By this time, dah tak monyok sebab the shoes issue. Asyik tanya, dah boleh berbuka ke belum?


Okay, ini budak tak puasa. Obviously as she's munching happily.


Azhad ni tak sudah-sudah dengan poppadomnya.


Dua orang budak ceria. This is very hard to come by, trust me. These two are usually like anjing and kucing.


What I had for starter. Sup kambing and yong tau foo. The rest is history... as if!!



The happiness continued on Saturday. There were still items to be bought, therefore, we went out again. This time, we started off quite early. Mall bukak je terus serang. Senang, energy level still bagus and early morning tak ramai sangat orang. We went across the Penang Bridge this time. We got what we needed and wanted (almost!) and by twelve noon we're on our way home. 

So, kids were made happy yesterday. Now, it's mommy's turn. We started our Sunday early as it's a school day except for Aisya who skipped knowing that I had planned for another shopping trip. Yup, another trip. Okay, I dont this often, folks. 3 days in a row. But time is of the essence. Need to plan wisely. And what better day to go get my stuff without having the gerabak with me other than Sundays, kan? So, Aisya and me ditched the boys and off we went for our girlie outing . Fun! Double fun sebab I got almost what I wanted. Ngeee...

No comments:

Post a Comment